November 5th, 11:00 AM
Red Rocks Community College
The library would like to reserve a table on the bridge for the week of November 5th to promote UNESCO’s Media and Information Literacy Week, a week of learning about the social and political implications of media and how to find, critically evaluate, and responsibly create various types of media.
Thursday, November 8th, 7:00pm
University of Boulder
Hale Science Building
1350 Pleasant Ave.
Boulder, CO 80302
There will be a screening of the documentary and a discussion after.
Thursday, November 7th, 4:30 PM
Centennial HS –
201 South Hurst Road | Burleson, TX 76028
Eduscape, in partnership with Common Sense Media, will be holding the Texas Digital Citizenship Symposium on November 10th at Centennial High School of the Burleson ISD in Burleson, TX. A Digital Citizenship Symposium is an all-day educational event on Digital Citizenship comprised of breakout sessions on topics including Digital Footprint and Identity, Cyberbullying and Digital Drama, Relationships and Social Media, and Media Literacy.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
1. Keeping Students’ Data Safe
2. Social Emotional Learning & Digital Citizenship
3. Digital Footprints – Keeping the Trail Clean
4. A Problem-Based Learning Approach to Digital Citizenship
5. Leading Digital Citizenship: A District Wide Model
6. Building a Culture of Digital Citizenship
7. The Role of Family Support to Digital Citizenship
8. To Screen or Not to Screen: Maintaining a Balance
Brian Mahoney, Eduscape Marketing Coordinator